Ohio’s Cedar Point amusement park released a CG mockup of its newest coaster, the Valravn Birdseye, which will be the tallest, fastest and longest dive coaster.
Not only that, but when the ride opens next summer, the Valravn Birdseye will break 10 roller coaster records:
1. Tallest dive coaster (223 feet)
2. Fastest dive coaster (75 mph)
3. Longest dive coaster (3,415 feet)
4. Most inversions on a dive coaster (three)
5. Longest drop on a dive coaster (214 feet)
6. Highest inversion on a dive coaster (165 feet)
7. Most roller coasters taller than 200 feet at one amusement park (5)
8. Most rides at one amusement park (72)
9. Most steel roller coaster track at one amusement park (52,125 feet/9.9 miles)
10. Most roller coaster track at one amusement park (60,110 feet/11.4 miles)
The Valravn Birdseye was designed and built by Bolliger & Mabillard in Monthey, Switzerland, and is the 100th coaster the firm has created.
The roller coaster is expected to go into operation in the summer of 2016, so all roller coaster lovers rejoice! And maybe start getting in line for the first ride.