The African continent is bigger than USA, China, India, Mexico and a large part of Europe combined! Here are some interesting facts that lots of people do not know;
- A third of the worlds languages are spoken only in Africa.
- There are more french speakers in Africa than there are in France.
- There are no wild Tigers in Africa. (These can only be found in Asia)
- Almost half of the Gold ever mined came from Witwatersrand in South Africa.
- The only woman to have been First lady in two separate countries is Graca Machel. (Mozambique and South Africa)
- 96 Elephants are killed everyday in Africa.
- The deadliest animal in Africa is the Hipopotamus.
- There are over 100 million active Facebook users in Africa.
- The worlds largest living mamal and the worlds tallest mamal can be found in Africa. (The African Elephant and Giraffe)
- South Africa has 11 official languages, earning itself the name Rainbow nation as a result.
- Africa is separated from Europe only by 14.3km of ocean.
- Between 1530 and 1780, about 1 million Europeans were captured and sold as slaves to North Africa.
- A single tribe in Kenya called Kalenjins has produced most of the worlds fastest runners.
- Giraffe are already extinct in at least 7 countries in Africa.
- Liberia was established by US citizens as a colony for former slaves and their free descendants.